Monday, February 25, 2013

#275 - We were cool once

Lou and I have had a few formal events to attend this month.  I splurged and bought a new dress, and even though I had some backups, I loved it so much that I ended up wearing it to both events.  Mom encouraged me to post these pictures "so that one day the boys can look back at their mom and dad and see that they were once cool".  So here you go, Mom!

This was before the Georgia Historical Society gala.  It was a beautiful event, and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting and hearing from the two honorees - S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chik-fil-A, and Herman Russell, owner of The Russell Company and a key figure of the civil rights movement.


The second weekend we attended the Telfair Museum Ball.  It was a bit more formal, technically a white tie event.  It was a spectacular event, with breathtaking decor (think live human statues and over the top displays of food), and we had a blast!

Same dress, different necklace....
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A look down at the tables during the dinner.

My good friend, Rebecca and me.
Another one of us

My incredibly handsome husband!

See boys.... we were once cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment