Bedtime with Benjamin can be a lot of fun! I've often mentioned here that it's my favorite time of the day. Below, you can see why. He still loves for me to rock him to sleep. Bedtime always starts off with good-night hugs and kisses for Owen and Daddy. Benjamin plants big sloppy kisses on both of them, then runs to get his sippy cup of milk and races off to the bedroom. Now that he's such a big boy, he wants to sit beside me on the rocking chair and drink his milk. After prayers, we both get a little goofy - making faces at each other, having kissing contests (who can give the quickest kiss.... the lightest kiss....the loudest kiss, etc.), and in general, just making each other laugh. After about ten minutes or so, he quiets down, and then climbs up on me and lays his head on my shoulder. Within a few minutes he's out, and I put him down in his crib.
I took these on my phone, so they are a little blurry, but you can see what a typical night is like.
When things work out right, Lou is putting Owen down at the same time, and I'll come out of Benjamin's room to find Owen sound asleep. These nights are rare, but treasured.
Here are pictures from last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment