Owen's last day of school was on Friday, and we got to see him sing all the songs they learned throughout the school year during the 3-year old program. It was a little unsettling to see him with his classmates because he's so very shy at school. He's truly a different child there - quiet and reserved, yet extremely well-mannered and kind to everyone (that part is not different!). It kind of makes us sad. But, part of it is our fault, I think. He only went to school two days a week for half days. And, he was in a class with mostly full-timers, so I just don't think he ever really fit in. I would not choose that schedule again.
Now, next year, he'll be in Pre-K, and will be in school from 8-3 every day of the week. He'll get more than enough school time! And fortunately, despite his shyness, he exceeded every milestone and educational goal for his age group this year, and in most cases, is ahead of the Pre-K goal! (Okay, I'll stop bragging.... I just can't help it!)
 |
| Can you spot Owen? I purposely dressed him in the neon shirt! |
 |
| Owen with his teacher, Mrs. Cheryl, and his buddy Braxton. Mrs. Cheryl really loves Owen, and took our shy little boy under her wing to keep him engaged at school. She's a really good teacher. |
Friday afternoon, we went to Jacksonville for Kaylin's birthday party. More about that later, but for now, a few pictures from Friday night.
 |
| Owen helped Aunt Kay in the kitchen all night! |
 |
| Owen and Kaylin playing with Aunt Heidi. |
 |
| Papa with his great-grandson, Benjamin... |
 |
| and other great-grandson, Owen! |
No comments:
Post a Comment