This one is much easier - Benjamin on the left!
It's funny what becomes your "measuring stick" with your children. Although we have a growth chart in their bedrooms, we've always used the front door to gauge how tall Owen has gotten. We remember, almost three years ago, watching him learn to pull up on the front door, and stand on his tippy toes to see outside the window. He would stand there a lot watching Cocoa play outside, and wait patiently for his Daddy to get home from work. We would watch him and remark when his chin cleared the bottom part of the window, and then when the top of his head reached the top of the glass, and so on.
Today, for the first time, Benjamin pulled himself up onto the front door, and when he turned around and smiled at us, memories of Owen came flooding back. I nearly cried. So, I ran fast to the bedroom to grab the camera and capture this special day.
Owen was proud of his little brother. He gave Benjamin a big hug and even told him so!
And, I just had to grab a picture of the two of them standing in front of our "measuring stick". What's so bittersweet about this picture is not just how fast Benjamin is growing, but the realization that my first baby is no longer a baby - he's a fully grown boy.
But the sweet moment only lasted a few seconds because Benjamin soon dropped down and took off crawling. I think this boy can crawl faster than I can walk!



No comments:
Post a Comment