Early this morning
Katie: Come on, Owen, we have to get ready for church.
Owen: Mommy, you go to church. I stay here with Daddy.
Katie: No, Daddy has to go to church too.
Owen: Okay. Daddy and I go to church. Mommy, you stay here.
Katie: Gee thanks, son.
In church, as we are walking up for communion, in a very loud voice
Owen: Put me down, Daddy. I have a poopie!
Katie: Lou, can you start the car while I change Owen's diaper?
Owen: Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!!!
On the way home from church
Lou: Owen, you were not very good in church today. You were very loud.
Owen: Daddy, are you happy or sad?
Lou: I'm sad because you were not good in church.
Owen: Daddy, I'm sorry. I love you.
Lou: I love you too, Owen.
Owen: Daddy, are you happy now?
This week, at bedtime, talking to my belly
Owen: Hi baby. It's big brother, Owen. I love you.
Katie: Owen, feel this. The baby is kicking.
Owen: That's not nice. I kick the baby for you, Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment