Tuesday, September 28, 2010

#137 - Nana Love


This past weekend, Owen and I drove down to Jacksonville and spent the weekend with my mom and my sister. It has been a long time since I've had some girl time with my favorite girls, and Owen got to have lots of playtime with his cousin, Kaylin.

Watching the two of them together is so much fun. Owen is all boy, and Kaylin is all girl, but they get along very well and they had a blast this weekend. They giggled and laughed and chased each other around the house. They got to go swimming together and play in the park together. Owen is still a little bit bigger than Kaylin, and he's used to playing with kids that are older than he is, so we had to remind him to be gentle with Kaylin. A few times he full out tackled her to the ground (too much football watching, I think), but Kaylin hung in there!

Nana kept Owen and Kaylin while Jen and I went to the Gator game in Gainesville, so Owen got lots of "Nana Love"!!!!



On Sunday, after brunch, we took the little ones to a neighborhood park.




Owen has become fearless on the playground. While riding this horse, he kept going "faster and faster, look at me, Mommy!" and before we knew it, the top of the horse hit him in his mouth, busting open his lip. Nice. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, and it only took about 90 seconds before he was back on the horse, going "faster, faster!".



Finally, I snapped this picture right before we left the park. It reminded me of a picture I took at Kaylin's baptism celebration about a year and a half ago. See below:


September 2010

March 2009

Our babies are growing up.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of these two playing in the leaves - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete