Monday, January 17, 2011

#151 - My first pregnancy update

I don't think we've officially talked on here about our expanding family, so here goes.

I'm pregnant.

Ha ha! In all seriousness though, here's an update on our pregnancy. Well, my pregnancy. We usually don't say, "We're pregnant" because, well, WE are not. I am. However, WE'RE expecting our second child this June. And Owen is quite excited to be a big brother. If you don't believe me. Just ask him! Last week, he told me he wanted a little sister named, "Money". Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

So, my friend Michelle does this on her blog, and I'm going to blatantly copy her. (Thanks, Michelle! And I'm so excited to be pregnant as the same time as you!)

Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 18 weeks and change
Size of baby: 5 1/2 - 6 inches, about 7 ounces. Or, about the size of a large sweet potato. Based upon my picture below, I think I'm carrying a sack of sweet potatoes.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: About 6 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Uh, yeah. Since 12 weeks.
Sex of Baby: It will be a surprise!
Movement: Been feeling the baby pretty much each day now.
Sleep: I'm definitely lucky here. I've been sleeping fine, and Lou has been an absolute trooper. More often than not, he's been putting Owen down at night and getting up with him during the night, which allows me to get a lot more sleep than he's been getting. It's helped me so much to keep up my energy, and I'm so grateful.
What I miss: Nothing, really. I have not been "limiting" myself as much as I did when I was pregnant with Owen, and because of that, I find that I don't even think about things that I used to eat, drink or do.
Cravings: Pickles - I go through at least one jar a week. And, ice-cream. I'm a text book pregnant lady!
Symptoms: The second trimester has been a piece of cake. The first trimester was absolutely awful. This past week, I've been experiencing a bunch of contractions. I went to the doctor, and had them there while they monitored me, but they are normal. Just need more water and rest (again, why my husband is a godsend at night).
Best Moment this Week: Having a three-day weekend with Owen and Lou was great. Owen is getting so big, and talks like such a big boy. We can actually have a conversation with him. It's the most rewarding thing ever! Plus, we booked our vacation to Disney World, and I'm extremely excited about that!


A funny picture of Lou, Owen and Cocoa from this morning. Owen and Lou have been inseparable these past few weeks. My little Mommy's Boy has become an even more faithful Daddy's Boy. I love it! It totally warms my heart!

Finally, a little blast down memory lane - here's Owen in his Little Tykes Cozy Coupe when he turned one.

And, a year and a half later...... here he is this weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about your pregnancy, and you look great! I also loved the videos of Owen on his tricycle. Such a BIG boy! It made Casey and I laugh that he was telling Lou to turn the camera off. So funny!-Michelle Harden

    ReplyDelete