Last Wednesday, I got the dreaded phone call at work - the little guy had climbed out of his crib at naptime and had fallen onto his rocking chair and scratched his forehead and back. Fortunately, he was okay. When I got home, he demonstrated for me how he can climb out of the crib in about 4 seconds, so we promptly decided it was time to transition to the big boy bed. Of course, this happened the day that Lou left for his fishing trip, so it was left to Owen and me to figure out how to diassemble his crib and convert it to a toddler bed. It wasn't too hard, but I was really, really worried about how well Owen would sleep (and more importantly, stay IN the bed).
Fortunately, the first two nights were pretty good. However, Friday and Saturday night were quite rough. He quickly discovered the freedom he had in his big boy bed. So, Sunday, I had to install a child-proof door handle on the inside of his room. After him screaming for what felt like forever, it quieted down in there and I found him like this:
Bedtimes have been better. As soon as we start prayers he runs to the bed, climbs in, and is quickly asleep.
Some more pictures from the week...... Below is an adorable picture of Owen. I just love his face in this one. I was actually trying to take a picture of the shirt he was wearing. His Tita Susan bought it for him and it says, "Wise beyond my years".


No comments:
Post a Comment