Monday, August 23, 2010

#132 - Coffee Table-1, Owen-0

Owen had a little run-in with the coffee table on Friday night. Unfortunately, the coffee table won. It was partly my fault - as I was sitting in Owen's little reading chair (how my behind fits in that thing is beyond imagination, but that's another story)...anyway, I was sitting there playing with Owen and my long legs were sticking straight out (thanks for not laughing at the long leg reference) and next thing I know, Owen had tripped over my legs and he landed directly on the edge of the coffee table. The instant it happened we knew it was a bad one, and sure enough, despite holding ice over it for an hour, it immediately swelled up and turned blue. The next morning, it looked like this:
Which, really doesn't look at the bad in the picture. But, seeing it in person, especially a few days old, you realize what a bad bruise it is. However, you know Owen - things like this don't phase him. He's been running around and having a blast.

He is a talking machine these days. He's saying three- and four-word sentences all the time now: "Mommy, you lie down right here." "This is Owen's fishing pole." (yes, he did say that today - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?) And, my personal favorite: "NO, that's MINE." Welcome to toddlerhood.

Our bedtime ritual is about 30-45 minutes now, significantly longer these days because Owen just loves that time of the day when all three of us are laying around on his bedroom floor, reading books, singing songs, practicing his gymnastics, and enjoying being with each other. It's now the highlight of our days. It's the thing I miss most when I travel for work (which thank goodness, has significantly slowed down).

One last picture for you - here's Owen from this morning, with his black eye, pushing his lawn mower, in my bathroom, sporting his "I'm a doctor" pajamas, and wearing a pair of my black, patent leather shoes.
He's a cool dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment