Sunday, June 13, 2010

#123 - Mommy's Boy

I can't remember if I've posted about this yet, but Owen has become such a Mommy's boy. He's always been one to a certain extent, but lately, it has been getting pretty intense. He seems to be permanently attached to one of my legs, or holding his arms up in the air, saying, "Mama, mama, up, up." Nine times out of ten, if I'm in the room, he refuses to go to anyone else, even Lou. While it's definitely sweet, and certainly warms my heart, it makes doing simple things like laundry and cooking dinner a real challenge.

Now, if he wants to have fun and giggle, he goes straight to Daddy, because clearly, he's the fun parent! Lou can have him in giggling fits in a matter of seconds.

One of the latest things that Owen does is to take his toys under the table in the family room. He hides out underneath the table skirt with his toys, and occassionally sticks his head out for a little game of peek-a-boo.

Here's a picture of the little man before church this morning. I love this cute outfit (courtesy of the Flemings, of course). Speaking of church......Lord, help us. Cause it's truly testing our patience as parents. Owen has been such a handful the last few weeks. We've spent more time outside of church, walking around the restless boy, than we've spent inside participating in the mass! Any advice?


No comments:

Post a Comment