Tuesday, January 26, 2010

#101 - Taking a Trip to the ATL

I had another work meeting in Atlanta this week, so this time Owen came along with me! We got to see the Flemings and spend time with their three little ones - Andrew, Luke and Lauren. Owen had tons of fun playing with the two boys and the toy wonderland that is the Fleming home! And, of course, I loved, loved getting to see Heather. We talk all the time, but rarely get an opportunity to see each other these days.
The three boys - Owen (18 months), Andrew (almost 6) and Luke (almost 4).

Owen with Mrs. Heather and little Lauren (almost 9 months). Isn't she the sweetest thing ever? She's got the most beautiful eyes!

Then, after spending a few hours with Heather and family, we went over to my Dad and Catherine's which is where we stayed for the next two days. It's been a year since we've been to their house, and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was to spend the quality time with them and Owen. It was incredibly heartwarming to watch Dad and Catherine and Johnny (Robby was sick) interact with the little guy.
Catherine (a/k/a Mama - that's Mama with an accent over the second a, but I can't figure out how the heck to do that on Blogger) and Owen.

Johnny is quite an accomplished swimmer in high school (by the way, can you believe he's a senior this year???), and once Owen found his swim goggles he didn't want to take them off.

Uncle Johnny was so sweet with Owen. They horsed around together and Owen especially loved wrestling with him.

I think Dad had a smile on his face the entire time Owen was there. He is such a sweet grandfather..... When I went to work on Monday, Dad and Catherine took Owen for a walk around the neighborhood. Concerned that it might be too cold, Dad dressed Owen in layers, put his jacket on him, put a pair of socks over his hands as mittens, and then put a pair of his own adult socks over Owen's legs to wear as leg warmers. And on top of that had a thick blanket. It was 50 degrees. :) I love them!
In addition to the walk, they played basketball, soccer, read books and played with Owen's school bus. Owen was in heaven!

Uncle Johnny, Mama, Owen and Papa - Thanks for a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment