Kaylin Erin Bonomo turned one year old on May 19th. Happy First Birthday niece! This past weekend, Owen and I drove down to Jacksonville to help Kaylin celebrate her birthday. It literally rained for seven consecutive days coming up to this weekend, nonstop, so the party plans at the park had to be cancelled and moved to Chuck-e-Cheese. I haven't been in that place in over 20 years. It's actually a lot more modern than I thought it would be (think Dave and Busters with dancing animals). Kaylin had a great time (and looked adorable), but Owen was pretty overwhelmed with all the excitement. He cried, fussed or held on frantically to me the entire time we were there. I think the lights, noises and commotion really scared him. We got to spend the weekend with Mom and Mimi, and had a really nice time! Owen likes to tease Mimi with food - holding it out to her, then retracting it back when she reaches for it. Cute....Unfortunately, both Owen and I are a little sick. Owen woke up Saturday morning with an extremely running nose, and has been battling a cold ever since. I got it this morning. I know how bad Owen must have felt this weekend - my head is pretty stuffed up. I've tried cold medicine, allergy medicine, nose spray, and have finally resorted to a glass of wine. We'll see if that helps.So, as I type this, Owen is crawling over Cocoa. Literally climbing over the poor dog. Half the time he ends up flipping butt over head, but he thinks it's so funny. Speaking of Cocoa - she did the sweetest thing on the ride down to Jacksonville and back. Both ways, she fell asleep in in the backseat, with her head resting on Owen's lap in the carseat. How cute is that?Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day!Katie, Lou and Owen
We got Kaylin this baby stroller, and she loves pushing her baby doll around.
The sweet Bonomo family
Kaylin and Owen in their coordinating sippy cups
Owen with Mimi
Kaylin was trying to get Owen's paci!
My sleepy baby boy
Cocoa sleeping on Owen's car seat (sorry it's a bad picture, I took it with my camera phone while driving down the interstate)
No comments:
Post a Comment